What We Believe
1. We believe the scriptures, both Old and New testaments, to be the inspired word of God and without error in the original writings. They are the complete revelation of God’s will for the salvation of man and the Divine and final authority for the faith and life of Christians.
(2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(Isaiah 44:8, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Genesis 1:1-31, Matthew 28:19)
3. We believe that Jesus Christ the son, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born the Virgin Mary, is fully God and fully man.
4. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit convicts man of sin, judgment, and righteousness. He indwells, guides, instructs, empowers, and gives gifts to believers for holy living.
(John 14:28, John 16:7-14, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 12:4-7)
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God. But through disobedience, fell into sin and is therefore lost and separated from God. But God, in his love for man sent his son Jesus Christ so that through faith and belief in him, man could obtain eternal life.
(Genesis 1:26-27, Genesis 2:16-17, Genesis 3:6, Romans 5:12, John 3:15-18, Ephesians 2:4-8, 1John 5:11-13)
6. We believe that Jesus died and shed his blood on the cross, a sacrifice for our sin, fulfilling the scriptures. He was buried, raised, and ascended to the Father. No one comes to God, the Father, except through Jesus.
7. We believe the church consistent of all people who are united by faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and that Jesus Christ is the Lord and head of the church.
8. We believe in the personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ. This promise has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of all believers.
(Luke 12:40, John 14:13, Acts 1:9-11, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead: of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord: of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting punishment.
(Acts 24:15, Daniel 12:2)
10. Two scriptural ordinances of the church are baptism and the Lord’s Supper. This congregation practices baptism by immersion and we observe the Lord’s Supper weekly.
(Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:16, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)